11 Little-Known Facts About Home Appraisals
- A home appraisal is really about protecting the lender
- An appraisal can help you decide what and how to renovate
- You may not own the results of an appraisal – even if you paid for it
- Appraisers use standard forms to complete the appraisal process
- Many variables play into the appraisal process
- Appraisal Management Companies may employ under-experienced appraisers
- An appraisal is not the same thing as an inspection
- An appraisal is all about a home’s current condition
- If the appraised value of a home is less than the purchase price, you may still be able to get a mortgage
- There’s no set expiration period for an appraisal
- There are different types of appraisals
Ralene Nelson, REALTOR®
Welcome to Trilogy at Rio Vista, the active adult community by Shea Homes. This Catamaran model is located on the 12th green & 13th tee box, with no rear neighbors and NO BONDS. This home has 2 suites, so makes it convenient when in law is living with the homeowner or company. Open floor plan, full patio with cover, and an extra-large lot… READ MORE
JUST SOLD – 925 Thereza Way, Rio Vista
PENDING – Delta Diamond Farm Estate & Event Center,
15175 Hwy 160, Isleton
Delta Diamond Farms is a very unique property, built in the late 1880s, fully renovated by currents owners in 2005.
- 4 story, 3850 sqft Victorian home
- Operating as a wedding event compound & family/corp. events, & is permitted.
- 3 self-contained cottages.
- Barn (8000 sqft) & metal workshop
- 50’s Replica Gas Station remodeled as operational restrooms.
- 2300 sqft 6 carriage house w/half bath.
- 4200 sqft metal building set up for catering
- 3200 sqft metal newer building, equipped with workshop, office, bdrm & bthrm
- 60 ft custom dock & waterfront observation deck.
Real Estate News
From the Outside In:
What Do Home Appraisers Look For In a House?
To help you get a glimpse of your house in the eyes of an appraiser, we chatted up John Huston, a professional appraiser in St. Petersburg, Fla., who serves three counties and has appraised more than 3,800 properties since 1999.
Let’s break down the dozens of internal and external factors that appear on the Uniform Residential Appraisal Report and walk through the difference between elements of the home that add value versus add marketability. READ MORE
Raise Your Home’s Worth With These Simple Appraisal Tips
A fair opinion of value gives buyers and lenders a clear picture of a home’s worth.
A professional home appraisal is required when selling a home — and it’s also important for refinancing. The unbiased opinion of your home’s value gives potential buyers and lenders a clear picture of a home’s worth.
While some influencing factors are outside of your control — such as proximity to good schools and the value of nearby homes — a few simple steps may help increase the value of your home. READ MORE
Things to do this Weekend
NOTE: Due to the heat predicted this weekend, many of the local events have been canceled… as of yesterday the following events were still going to happen. That being said please double-check that the event you are interested in attending has not been canceled.
Saturday, June 19th in Manteca
9th ANNUAL FATHERS DAY WEEKEND CAR SHOW,
11am – 7pm
This year’s event is located at the Promenade Shops in Manteca. the show will be in the corner parking lot across from JCPenny (main st. & Atherton)
- Music : By Big Happy of Low&Slow ent.
- Plenty of Food and Merchandise Vendors.
- All-day Raffles
Entry day of show:
- Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles $20
- Bikes, pedal cars, wagons, Strollers $15
for Vendor info
Stern Grove Festival
Sundays at 2pm, starting June 20th in San Francisco
Live Streaming at Stagelt
As always, our shows are free, however, this year reservations are required to gain admittance.
Reservations open 12 days in advance of each particular performance. Also starting now, you can reserve a VIP donor table for ANY and ALL shows this season by making a qualifying donation.Finally, for those who can’t attend in person, we will be live streaming our concerts this summer.
Calaveras Celtic Heritage Celebration
“Former Sonora Celtic Faire” in Angels Camp
Saturday June 19th 11am- 11pm
Sunday June 20th 10am-6pm
NOTE: We will have misting stations on site. There are buildings with air conditioning for music and eating inside. Plenty of shade trees for relaxing or eating.
Hearts of Khyber Belly Dancers
Bob Bledsoe as Manis O’Tool Comedian and Story Teller
Kevin Axtel Juggler Extraordinaire
Saturday Night Fire Show & Jousting and Fire Swords
Jousting by Imperial Knights
Emerald Bag Piping Band
Cooking with Turf
The Black Irish Band
Celtic Living History Village
- Queens Court
- Scots Irish Militia
- Historical Crafters Guild
Whiskey Tasting – Blind Challenge
Premium Selected Irish and Scotch Whiskies
Vote for your favorite whiskey
(There is a separate fee for this attraction)
80+ Vendors selling Celtic Wares & Wears, Crafted items, Cakes and Candies, Renaissance Clothing, and more
Cultural Food Vendors, Drinks & Snacks
Celtic Pub with Imported and Domestic Beers & Spirits
SERVICE DOGS ONLY, NO PETS ALLOWED