PROP 19 – GET THE FACTS
Prop 19 Frees Up Inventory While Providing Tax Savings for
Seniors, Homeowners with Disabilities, and Wildfire Victims
tax penalty.Prop 19 removed unfair location and price restrictions, allowing older homeowners to transfer the tax base of their home to a new home.*SAVINGS FOR HOMEOWNERS WITH SEVERE DISABILITIESProp 19 also removed unfair restrictions on Californians with severe disabilities, allowing homeowners to move to a replacement home anywhere in California without
a tax penalty.*Under Prop 19, homeowners with severe disabilities can transfer the tax base of their existing home to a replacement home up to three times.
HOUSING RELIEF FOR VICTIMS OF WILDFIRE AND NATURAL DISASTER
After wildfires destroyed more than 24,000 family homes in the past few years, wildfire victims have faced massive property tax hikes when relocating to another home.
Prop 19 allows victims of wildfire or natural disaster to transfer the property tax base of their damaged house to a replacement home anywhere in California.*
Ralene Nelson, REALTOR®
Belmont model, located on the 7th green, Trilogy at Rio Vista, in the active adult community. Two bedrooms, 2 baths, great room with den. Fresh paint, the kitchen has light cherry cabinets, granite slab counters with new stainless appliances. Tile floors with laminate wood in bedrooms. Laundry set up in home & garage. The extended garage provides room for 2 cars & a golf cart. READ MORE
Coming Soon – 439 Cedar Ridge Dr. Rio Vista
You will love this unbelievably, 4 bedrooms, 2 bath, with over 1800 sqft of comfortable living, Spacious Kitchen and more…Contact Ralene Nelson if you have any questions at 707-334-0699.
Delta Diamond Farm Estate & Event Center, 15175 Hwy 160, Isleton, 25.1 ac
Asking $3,250,000- Delta Diamond Farms is a very unique property, built in the late 1880s, fully renovated by currents owners in 2005. 4 stories, 3850 sqft Victorian home, the potential for 5 beds, 3.5 baths, located on 25.1 acres, currently operating as a wedding event compound & family/corp. events, & is permitted. Expansive lawn area & beautifully landscaped courtyard with 3 self-contained cottages. Barn (8000 sqft) & metal workshop constructed in late 1880’s, renovated with concrete perimeter foundation/slab floor, & full loft. 50’s Replica Gas Station remodeled as operational restrooms. New 2300 sqft 6 carriage house w/half bath. 4200 sqft metal building set up for catering, (refrigerators, freezer, ice machine, table/chair/linen storage w/industrial washer/dryer. 3200 sqft metal newer building, equipped with workshop, office, bedroom & full bathroom w/shower. Property has 2 wells (domestic/agricultural) w/riparian rights from Sacramento River. River access with 60 ft custom dock & waterfront observation deck. READ MORE
Real Estate News
What Proposition 19 Means for Homeowners and Homebuyers
Last year, California voters passed Proposition 19. Proponents of this law hope that it will stimulate the housing market by encouraging more people, especially Seniors (55+), to buy real estate. Overall, Proposition 19 will change how property is assessed for tax purposes in two different situations:
- When parents transfer property to children/ when grandparents transfer property to grandchildren. (Effective February 16, 2021).
- When Select People (Seniors 55+, Severely Disabled People, & Victims of Natural Disasters) sell and buy new primary homes. (Effective April 1, 2021)
How will California’s Proposition 19 impact property taxes?
PROP 19 – GET THE FACTS
California Homeowners Can Realize Significant Annual Property Tax Savings
Prop 19 removes location and price restrictions to allow homeowners who are 55 or older, severely disabled or victims of wildfires or natural disasters to:
- Purchase a replacement home anywhere in California and transfer the taxable value of their current home, allowing them to realize significant annual property tax savings.
- Move closer to family or medical care, purchase a home that better meets their needs, replace a fire-damaged home, or retire or relocate anywhere in the state without a tax increase.
- Save substantially in annual property taxes when moving to a replacement home, even if the replacement home is more expensive than the original primary residence (with an adjustment upward to their tax basis if the replacement property is of greater value).
- Transfer the low property tax base of their original home to a new home up to three times