Last updated on February 5, 2021
7 Reasons for Real Estate Agents to be Grateful!
No doubt, 2020 has been a uniquely challenging year. With unemployment still above pre-pandemic levels, the country coming to terms with longstanding racial inequities, Americans worrying about natural disasters and coming off a contentious national election, and the COVID-19 pandemic still raging, people are searching for reasons to feel gratitude this Thanksgiving.
The housing market has emerged as an economic bright spot. While the nation continues to feel the widespread effects from 2020’s turmoil, here are a few things the real estate industry can be grateful for this year.
1. Booming home sales. Overall, real estate professionals have been busy. Homebuying activity is at its highest level since 2006…
2. Record low mortgage rates. Home buyers are locking in some of the lowest mortgage rates ever in history…
3. Seller equity. Home sellers are getting a boost financially from housing appreciation…
4. Technology. With people forced to keep their distance during the pandemic, technology became real estate pros’ ally in keeping transactions moving…
5. New priorities. “The coronavirus without a doubt led home buyers to reassess their housing situations and even reconsider home sizes and destinations…
6. Affirmation of your value. As Americans reevaluated what they wanted from a home, they increasingly relied on real estate agents to guide them through purchase and sales transactions…
7. The sanctity of home. “Nothing feels more precious this year than the safety of our homes,” Shannon McGahn, NAR’s chief advocacy officer, told REALTOR® Magazine in addressing advocacy efforts of the association this year, “and we believe all Americans should have equal opportunity to a home of their own.”
Ralene Nelson, REALTOR®
PENDING – 832 Summerset Dr. Rio Vista 2bd/2.5bths/2,334sf
Welcome to the Trilogy Active Adult community in Rio Vista. Only home in development with pool and is solar heated (leased), great for exercising and grandkids. This beautiful Catalina model with new interior paint, tile floors in entry, great room & gourmet kitchen. Stainless sink, oak cabinets, newer countertop and island for bar stools.
PENDING – 194 Oxbow Marina Dr, Isleton 2bd/2bth/2,009sf
Are you looking for waterfront property? Look no further, this is the property for you, located in Oxbow Marina. Homeowner owns their lot, & home is on permanent foundation. Completely remodeled by previous owner with surrounding decks & roof is 7 yrs new. Gorgeous remodeled tile kitchen with stainless appliances.. READ MORE
9 California Housing Market Predictions for 2021
California Real Estate Market Statistics – September 2020
- Median Property Price: $843,751 (up 5.5% from August)
- Price per Square Foot: $465
- California Homes for Sale: 36,098 (down 31% from August)
- Days on Market: 71
- Price to Rent Ratio: 25
- Traditional Rental Income: $2,842 (up 5.1% from August)
- Traditional Cash on Cash Return: 2.2% (up 43% from August)
California will have 6 of best U.S. housing markets in 2021
Realtor.com ranked 100 metropolitan areas based on forecasts of home sales and price increases next year, and summarized the forecasts into an overall score. This calculation predicts that California will have six of the 20 best-performing markets in the United States in 2021.
Sacramento is ranked number one and is expected to grow by 24.6% from a combination of 17.2% increase in sales and 7.4% increase in price. In second place is San Jose Metro, which achieved 21.6% growth with 10.8% sales growth and 10.8% price growth.
Online Movies, Events & After Christmas Shopping
Despite the fact that 2020 has felt less like a year than a freaking millennium, the holiday season is finally – yes, finally! – upon us, which means that you finally have a legitimate excuse to watch Christmas movies…and make no mistake, if ever there was a year when you’ve earned the right to watch something that’s filled with good cheer and which pretty much guarantees a happy ending, it’s this one!
Netflix’s 2020 Holiday Movies: Your Guide To The 15 Best Christmas Movies on Netflix
The 13 Funniest Christmas Movies and Where to Watch Them
Eventbrite Online Events
Thu, Dec 24, 2020 6:00 PM PST
Thu, Dec 24, 2020 5:00 PM PST
Christmas Eve, BUT COVID!
Thu, Dec 24, 2020 4:00 PM PST
Virtual Live Holiday Musical (Concert) Trip Through Europe
Starts at $20.00
15+ After-Christmas, New Year’s Day Sales (2020-2021)
If Santa didn’t bring you what you wished for most, you could sweep it up yourself after Christmas through New Year’s Day for much less.
Best after-Christmas sales (and New Year sales) to shop
These are the retailers to check out for the best sales starting on Christmas (or the days immediately following Christmas) this year. Stores will likely announce sale details around Christmas Eve. In the meantime, we’re including details about deals you can expect — and deals offered during after-Christmas sales past. We’ll keep our list updated as retailers reveal their plans.
Amazon after-Christmas sale
In 2019, Amazon offered year-end savings on computers and laptops, iRobot and Dyson vacuums, TVs, toys, seasonal decor, apparel and Amazon brands. This year, we don’t expect anything less from the online retailer so check back here as Amazon announces their after-Christmas and year-end deals.
Get a jump-start on early after-Christmas deals available on Amazon:
- Fashionable boots under $50 and receive free shipping until Dec. 31.
- Dresses under $30 and receive free Prime shipping through Dec. 31.
Bath & Body Works after-Christmas sale
Leftover holiday gift sets and Christmas tree scents are guaranteed to be on sale after Christmas at Bath & Body Works (provided customers didn’t scoop these up during early sales). Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Bed Bath & Beyond after-Christmas sale
The Bed Bath & Beyond holiday clearance sale in 2019 had up to 50% off seasonal items, $100 off the KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-quart mixer and up to 40% off select Nespresso machines. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Belk after-Christmas sale
Last year, Belk offered shoppers after-Christmas doorbusters with up to 75% off and up to 80% off clearance merchandise. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Best Buy after-Christmas sale
Last year’s Best Buy after-Christmas sale included even more discounts on 4K TVs, games, wireless headphones and tech gear. Check back here for the latest Best Buy after-Christmas deals.
Bloomingdale’s after-Christmas sale
The Bloomingdale’s epic after-Christmas sale last year featured 75% off sitewide the whole week after Christmas Day. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Cabela’s after-Christmas sale
In 2019, Cabela’s annual clearance sale included up to 50% off and an extra 10% off on your entire online purchase of $50 or more. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Dillard’s New Year’s sale
The traditional Dillard’s New Year clearance sale will take place on Jan. 1. In the past, discounts have included up to 50% off fashion and accessories. Keep checking back for details.
Forever 21 after-Christmas sale
Gap after-Christmas sale
Similar to last year’s after-Christmas sale, we once again expect big savings from Gap, including 75% off sale merchandise. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Home Depot after-Christmas sale
If you’re looking for Christmas decorations for cheap, check Home Depot to get as much as 50% off the season’s overstocked merchandise. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
iRobot after-Christmas sale
This year, through Dec. 26, iRobot will offer $100 off the iRobot Roomba i3+ with automatic dirt disposal. That brings the price down to $499.99. Plus, get free shipping.
Kohl’s after-Christmas sale
In 2019, Kohl’s Christmas Stock Up Sale offered up to 70% off merchandise. Plus, if you shopped at Kohl’s before Christmas, you may have earned Kohl’s Cash to the tune of $10 for every $50 you spent. Kohl’s Cash earned through Dec. 24 is redeemable from Dec. 26 through Jan. 3. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Lowe’s after-Christmas sale
Like Home Depot, Lowe’s will have great discounts on holiday decor. Last year they offered up to 50% off holiday and clearance items. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Macy’s after-Christmas sale
Last year, Macy’s stores opened at 7 a.m. for big after-Christmas deals throughout the store. Macy’s hasn’t confirmed specific store hours yet, but expect deals to start online early. In 2019, sales included up to 50% off bedding, 50%-60% off coats for the family and other winter and seasonal merchandise. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Target after-Christmas sale
Target’s current weekly ad runs through Dec. 26. Here are some of the deals you can get until the day after Christmas:
- Up to 50% off toys.
- Up to 25% off home decor.
- Buy one, get one 50% off select beauty sets.
- Last year, Target offered Black Friday pricing on select electronics and free $150 Target GiftCards with qualified new activations of the iPhone 11. With the release of the iPhone 12 lineup, you can expect to see similar after-Christmas deals on the iPhone 12, plus even better discounts on the iPhone 11. Check back here as Target releases more after-Christmas deals.
Walmart after-Christmas sale
Walmart is known for its end-of-year clearance sales and discounts on furniture, home decor, beauty, Christmas decor and more. Check back as Walmart announces the after-Christmas deals. Check back here for the latest starting the day after Christmas.
Get a jump-start on early after-Christmas deals available at Walmart:
- Up to 60% off women’s boots until Dec. 31.
Wayfair after-Christmas sale
Wayfair is offering end-of-season clearance prices on a variety of home furnishings and decor items. Through Jan. 5, you can find these deal highlights:
All Christmas decor
Any and all stores that sold Christmas decor before Christmas will mark these items down starting Dec. 26 (maybe even earlier). So if nothing else on this list appeals to you, but you want to stock up on holiday decor for next year, hit the stores the day after Christmas. Lights, ornaments, garlands and artificial trees will be on sale. Check stores like Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Sam’s Club and Costco.
Other after-Christmas sales
Here are the other deals to shop just before and right after Christmas:
- Ashley HomeStore: Take up to 50% off kitchen essentials through Jan. 1, 2021.
- Bear Mattress: From Dec. 23 to Jan. 12, get $300 off orders of $1,300 or more (use code NY300); $225 off orders of $1,000 or more (use code NY225); and $150 off orders of $700 or more (use code NY150). Plus, receive two free cloud pillows with every mattress or bundle purchase.
- Levi’s: Save during the End of Season Sale with up to 50% off select styles through Dec. 29.
- Lorex: Take 20% off any order through Jan. 3, 2021.
- Microsoft Store: Get up to 75% off Xbox games through Dec. 31.
- Minnetonka Moccasin: Receive free domestic shipping on orders over $35 with this promo code SNOWFLAKE until Jan. 1, 2021.
- Neiman Marcus: During the Pre-Christmas Sale lasting through Jan. 9, 2021, and save an extra 25% on sale items.
- REI: Get up to 50% off all clearance clothing and footwear from Dec. 25 to Dec. 31.
- Samsung: Get the Galaxy S20 5G starting at $539.99 with eligible trade-in until Dec. 31.
- Sur La Table: Buy two assorted twill kitchen towels and get one free until Dec. 31.