Hot Housing Takes for 2022
The housing market may not reach the incredible heights of 2021, but we expect it will be anything but slow next year. Expect the strong sellers market to persist, the Sun Belt to maintain its top spot as the most in-demand region, and flexible work options to continue to shape housing decisions in new ways in 2022.
The following are Zillow’s bold housing predictions for 2022. Whatever happens, the Zillow Economic Research team wishes you and yours a safe, healthy, prosperous and enjoyable year!
- 2022 will fall just short of record-breaking
- Sellers keep the upper hand
- Large rentals will be in high demand
- The ‘Sun Belt surge’ will extend to secondary markets
- More Gen Zers and millennials will buy a ‘second home’ before a primary residence
- No end in sight for the renovation boom
- Work will play a key role in moving decisions
- New construction gains will only be a drop in the bucket, despite best efforts of builders
Ralene Nelson. REALTOR®
PRICE CHANGE – 1085 Vintage Dr Rio Vista, CA, 2bd/2bth/1382sf.
Price Reduced $443,700 – Spinnaker model, located in Trilogy, on the 2nd fairway, with views of the pond. This is an Active Adult Community. Coveted location, currently only golf course home for sale. Two bedrooms, 2 bath with den, and kitchen overlooking the golf course. Professionally landscaped with the fence, small grassy area for your pet. Patio with cover & privacy screen & walkway around home. The sunsets are spectacular from this backyard. Carpet throughout with vinyl in kitchen & bath. Oak cabinets & white tile counters. Two-car garage with built-in storage cabinets, new hot water heater. READ MORE
JUST SOLD – 549 Western Hills Dr, Rio Vista
Asti model, in Trilogy, the Active Adult Community. If you love to entertain your family & friends, BBQ & more, this is the model. Larger home with large island kitchen/great room with fireplace and living/dining room for the more formal meal. Den with double doors can make for a 3rd bedroom. Not one but two patio areas that fit the time of day or season, add a small fire pit for those cozy evenings. This 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath home has room for overnight stays. Corian kitchen counters w/tile backsplash, maple cabinets, 5 burner gas cook top, stainless appliances & island for 5-6 bar stools. Tile floors from entry to family room/kitchen & hallway, w/carpet in bedrooms. Master bath has upgraded tile walk-in shower & jetted tub. Carpet in living/dining room & bedrooms. Double car garage w/cabinets & smaller garage for your golf cart or smaller car. Trilogy provides the resident with activities from tennis, bocce, golf, billiards, gym, 2 pools/spas & more. READ MORE
REAL ESTATE NEWS
4 Tips for Buying a Home in 2022
There are plenty of good reasons to buy a home — financial stability, building equity in a place of your own, and not having to follow a landlord’s rules. If you’re eager to buy a home in 2022, here are four important tips to help make that happen.
1. Research home prices ahead of time
Home prices have soared this year due to high buyer demand and limited housing inventory. Come 2022, those circumstances could remain unchanged…
2. Work on boosting your credit score
Chances are, you don’t have the money to buy a home outright next year. Rather, you’ll probably need a mortgage…
Because home values are so inflated, you should expect to pay up in 2022…
Though housing inventory may pick up in 2022, there’s no guarantee that will happen…
SPRING 2022 HOMEBUYING SEASON PREVIEW
Preparing to Buy During the Spring 2022 Homebuying Season
Main Takeaways for Buyers
- Low housing inventory and high demand will create a strong seller’s market, but not as intense as the peak of 2021.
- Home prices are expected to continue rising, but at a slower pace than last year.
- To avoid house buying FOMO (fear of missing out) and panic buying, know what you can afford and stick to a realistic budget.
Main Takeaways for Sellers
- It will still be a strong seller’s market, but compared to 2021, there will be a smaller likelihood of a bidding war driving up your sale price.
- Get ahead of preparing to sell your home. Repairs and upgrades are taking longer to schedule and complete due to shortages of supplies and labor.
- All real estate is local. Some markets, or sub-markets, may be stronger or weaker than others.
- Work with a local real estate professional that knows your targeting market.
Things To Do This Weekend in Northern California
The Nutcracker in Modesto
Gallo Center for The Arts
IT’S BACK! THE NUTCRACKER
Your Holidays now again complete! Visions of Sugar Plum Fairies, the mesmerizing Snow Scene and all the characters you love. December 10 to 19 at the Gallo Center for the Arts. Don’t forget our Sugar Plum Fairy Parties on stage after selected matinees! Get wonderful items at our Boutique in the Lobby of the Gallo Center for the Arts! It’s all there coming to you just in time for the Holidays!
Gallo Center for the Arts.
Ghirardelli’s Annual Chocolate Warehouse Sale 2021
San Leandro (Dec. 10-12)
1111 139th Avenue, San Leandro, CA
Ghirardelli’s Annual Chocolate Warehouse Sale
Friday to Sunday, December 10 – 12, 2021 | 9:30a-5:30p
Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Factory Outlet
1111 139th Ave, San Leandro
Oakland’s Secret Winter Weekend Comedy in Oakland
Get ready for our “HellaSecret” speakeasy comedy show in Oakland. A series of pop-up (and socially distant) live comedy shows at unique spots all across the bay. We’ll take over a venue and you’ll get an email with the secret location.
This HellaSecret comedy show takes place in a secret speakeasy bar in Oakland turned into a socially-distant comedy club with comfy couches, a brick fireplace, funky furnishings and lots of plants. Food/Drinks
WINTER COCKTAILS: Drinks Menu has lots of fun and creative patio cocktails with rum, mezcal, tequila, vodka and whiskey. cocktails include mezcal-ginger hot toddies, hot spiced bourbon apple cider. Plus beer and wine and hibiscus and passion fruit mocktails.
DINING: While we’re waiting to ramp up our kitchen, we’ll be having a special authentic tamale pop-up menu with both chicken and vegan options. Plus burgers, wings and roasted cauliflower in house-made vegan hot sauce just added to the menu.
It’s an 70+ minute show with five comics on the bill with credits like Cobbs, Punchline, SF Sketchfest, ABC and NBC.
- Fri 12/10 Oakland’s Secret Winter Weekend Comedy (Dec. 10-12)
- Sat 12/11 Oakland Secret Winter Comedy Night
- Sun 12/12 $5 Off Tix: Oakland Secret Comedy Night @ Hidden Speakeasy
Holiday Train Rides at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk
DECEMBER 11-12, AND 17-23, 2021
Operated by Roaring Camp Railroads
Will-Call/Ticketing at the Boardwalk’s Neptune’s Kingdom
Vintage excursion cars, adorned with thousands of colorful lights, roll through Santa Cruz streets. Passengers lend their voices to holiday carols and sip spiced cider while Santa visits with the little ones and the young at heart!
- All trains depart from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- Advance purchase is recommended
- Trains run rain or shine
- $15 parking is conveniently located across from the train loading area
- Select Boardwalk locations will be open for food and beverage