Are You Thinking of Selling Your Home This Fall?
In the California housing market, there is an issue of supply and demand – there are more people looking to buy a home than there are homes available for sale.
Here are some reasons why fall 2023 is a good time to sell your home in California:
- Low inventory: There are still more buyers than sellers in most California markets, which means sellers are in the driver’s seat. Buyers are likely to compete for your home, which could lead to a higher sale price.
- High demand: California is a desirable place to live, and there is always a strong demand for homes. This demand is especially high in urban areas like San Francisco and Los Angeles.
- Good weather: Fall is a great time to sell your home in California because the weather is mild and sunny. This makes it ideal for open houses and showings.
If you are thinking about selling your home in California this fall, be sure to talk to local Realtor, Ralene Nelson. She can help you understand the market conditions and develop a plan to sell your home for the best possible price. WEBSITE
Should I Sell My House?
This year’s State of the Nation’s Housing 2023 report from Harvard University’s Joint Center for Housing Studies paints a stark picture of record unaffordability, near-record housing shortages, and major barriers to first-time homeownership. Habitat for Humanity International co-sponsored the report through our Cost of Home campaign to help bring greater attention to these and other urgent housing challenges impacting the U.S. Below are four major takeaways from the report for Habitat’s work and the communities we serve:
1. Homeownership costs skyrocketed in 2022, pricing out 2.4 million renters.According to Harvard’s JCHS, the estimated housing payments — including mortgage, insurance, and property tax — needed to purchase a median-priced home in the U.S. reached $3,000 per month in March 2023, pricing out 2.4 million more renters from homebuying than last year. This included a disproportionate share of Black and Hispanic homebuyers.
Selling a House in California
Selling a house in California can be a complex process, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. By following these steps, you can maximize your chances of a smooth and successful sale:
- Find a top-rated California real estate agent. A good agent will have a deep understanding of the local market, be able to help you price your home competitively, and market it to the right buyers.
- Decide when to sell. The best time to sell a house in California is typical during the spring and summer months, when there is more buyer demand. However, if you need to sell quickly, you may want to consider listing your home in the fall or winter.
- Price your home. The most important factor in selling your home quickly and for top dollar is to price it correctly. Your agent can help you do this by looking at recent sales of comparable homes in your area.
- Prepare, market, and show your home. Once you have a listing price, it’s time to start preparing your home for sale. This includes making any necessary repairs, cleaning, and decluttering, and staging your home to make it look its best. Your agent will also help you market your home through online and offline channels…
Ralene Nelson, REALTOR®
FOR SALE – 500 Coronado Way, Rio Vista
2 bed/2 bath/2,048sqft
$529,500 – Don’t miss out on this stunning Burlingame model, located on a corner lot with minimal exposure to rear neighbors. The entrance has been upgraded with stamped/dyed concrete as well as, the 2 rear patios. This home has great curb appeal, & as you step inside, you can feel the warmth from the soft decorating neutral tones & plush carpet. The flex space provides you with additional room for entertaining, both for seating & dining and the gourmet kitchen equipped with stainless appliances for the chef includes an island for bar stools & sink. Extra counter space also provides as excellent spot for a buffet or displaying your treasures. This home has a nook for casual dining & space for a formal dining room table, as well as a den/study. The gas fireplace with w/upgraded mantle in the great room makes for a cozy room too. The primary suite is larger than most and accommodates a king bed with ample room around. Slider to private patio w/privacy screen provides a cozy spot for morning coffee/nightcap. The primary bath has double sinks, a walk-in shower & walk-in closet. The 2nd bedroom is located in front of the home, this provides privacy for both guests & homeowners. Move-in ready, just bring your treasures and join the fun in this Active Adult Community. 2 pools/spas, tennis courts, bocce ball, and billiards. READ MORE
FOR SALE – 718 Allender Way, Rio Vista
$545,000 – As you approach this gorgeous home, it radiates pride of ownership. The driveway has been extended with new concrete on both sides of the home. New exterior paint with newer drought-resistant landscaping w/new walkway to front door & drip system w/timer. As you step inside, the home has new interior paint, baseboards & LVP flooring throughout. The kitchen has painted cabinets with quartz counters, a stainless sink & refrigerator. Then step out to the newly landscaped backyard w/new patio, custom pergola, 8 X 12 pool, security fence & all new perimeter fencing, as well as french drains from back to front. The primary bath has painted cabinets, new mirrors & light fixtures. His & Her closets with a barn door that provides bath privacy. The home has all-new light fixtures, hardware, a whole house fan, water filtration & softener, & reverse osmosis, and electric vehicle chargers. Just bring you furniture & enjoy this move-in ready home and bask in the sun with a BBQ. Room for RV parking. A solar lease is only $89 a month, 25 yr lease & transferable. Just bring your furniture and enjoy!! Rio Vista is a quaint little located in the heart of the Delta, close to San Francisco, wine country, and Sacramento. Enjoy water sports, fishing & duck hunting. MORE INFO
Events in Northern California this Weekend
Suisun Waterfront Festival
Sat. Oct 7, 2023 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Suisun Waterfront, Main & Solano Streets
SUISUN – The 18th annual Waterfront Festival promises to be a delectable and delightful celebration of art, wine and of course, live music! Immerse yourself in a vibrant atmosphere as you explore over 80 artisan, craft, and food booths, all conveniently located along the picturesque waterfront. Wine by the glass will be available for $10 which includes a commemorative wine glass that you can use to indulge your taste buds with exquisite wines. Be entertained by incredible live performances from local favorites such as Kyle Turner from 11am to 1pm and the Derek Abel Band with blues and classic rock from 2 to 4:30 pm. For more information, visit SuisunWaterfront.com.
Vallejo Waterfront Festival
Sat, Oct 7, 1:30 PM
Vallejo Waterfront Weekend, 289 Mare Island Way, Vallejo
Vallejo Waterfront Festival
Soucano will be performing at the prestigious Vallejo Waterfront Festival on October 7th hitting the stage at 1:30 pm. The address is 289 Mare Island Way. we will have Gibby Ross of Malo sitting in on the Timbal and Percussion, and Jojo Hernandez on Lead Vocals, so come on out and enjoy an afternoon on the water with the unique sounds of Soucano. Bring your dance shoes!! WEBSITE
Rhythm Music Fest
Sat, Oct 7, 12 – 8 PM
Old Sacramento Waterfront,1014 2nd St Suite 200, Sacramento
Sacramento has been a bastion of musical diversity for nearly two centuries. The Gold Rush era invited a boom of interest in music – folk, country, jazz, blues, rock ‘n’ roll… Our city’s venues became hubs for live music. Sacramento has had a thread of musicality since the city’s mid-1800s inception. Music has dynamically evolved since that time, and our city has thirsted to find a rhythm of its own. One that’s not only current, but truly emblematic of our authentic musical zeitgeist. What better time than now? What better setting than the foundation and heritage of this city than the red bricks, cobblestone streets, and wooden planks of the Old Sacramento Waterfront? A boutique music festival offered to you by local artists, curators, and vendors inspired by the pride we have in our beloved city’s evolution…One that is larger than the city itself. WEBSITE
Monster Truck Madness
Oct 6 & 7, 2023
San Joaquin County Fairgrounds
MONSTER TRUCK MADNESS featuring Monster Trucks, Megasaurus car-eating dinosaur, Tee’d Off Jet Golf Cart and Monster Truck Rides!
Do you have what it takes to survive the Madness? Monster Truck Madness is roaring into Stockton, at the San Joaquin Fairgrounds on FRIDAY and SATURDAY – OCTOBER 6th & 7th. You don’t want to miss the greatest show on dirt!
San Joaquin County Fairgrounds in Stockton, California. 1658 S. Airport Way, Stockton, CA 95206.
Admission & Main Gates 4pm
Free* Pit Party 4:30pm-6:30pm (See the trucks up close, meet the drivers, get photos and autographs) *Included with paid admission
Show starts 7pm
$10 Monster Truck Rides during Pit Party, Intermission, and at the end of the Show.
$20 Ages 11+ Admission
$15 Kids (3-10) Admission
Kids 2 & Under FREE (Ticket not required)
Admission will also be available for purchase on the day of the event at the ticket window starting at 4pm.
No outside food or beverage, one unopened bottle of water per person
$10 Parking (Cash Only) WEBSITE